I was born in Burgersdorp, South Africa, the eldest of three children. After a school career that involved a lot of moving around (I even lived in Namibia for two years during the Border war), I married young and settled in Durban, South Africa (predictably this did not last long).
However, I did (eventually) kiss the frog who turned into a prince, and live my happily ever after .
For a really long time, I worked as a Personal Assistant at an international financial institution. Then lived in Ireland for eight years. After our family moved back to South Africa, I thought I would write my eldest daughter a short story in which things always worked out in the end. My daughter was distraught at leaving her friends behind and moving to the other side of the world. I have always been better at writing how I feel than saying it out loud. The short story grew and grew until I had written more than 80,000 words, and so I discovered the one thing that made me happy and that I would do all day long even if I had to do it for free.
Born into a family of readers, I had never known a time I was not reading. As the eldest of three children (and the only girl), there was never a time when I was not making up stories to keep myself entertained. I love reading stories where I have to read between the lines, and my absolute favourites are books and movies with gasp! endings.
My debut indie book, 'Recycled Souls' was chosen as a Quarter Finalist (top 250 from 5000 entries) in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards (Young Adults) 2010. In 2011, my story, 'The Great Divide' (L.O.V.E. / When we Love) was also chosen as a Quarter Finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards (Young Adults). Since then I have written a lot of stories.
In the meantime, we moved to Northern Ireland, and I now call the beautiful walled city of Derry/Londonderry (almost at the top of the world) home where I live with my family, and one (annoyingly) chatty Chantilly cat, named Alvin.
What readers are saying:
- "Great read from a great author."
- "This author knows just how to pull the reader in."
- "I found this author very appealing. As I had never read this author before, I was quite skeptical that this read would grasp my attention. Not only was I pleasantly surprised by the ease in which I became engrossed in this book, but I found myself eagerly anticipating what would be revealed in forthcoming chapters."
- "Lynette has become one of my favorite Indie authors as all her books that I have read draw you in and you don't want to put them down because you just have to know what is going to happen next!"
- "Lynette is a very talented author and her books capture the imagination and draw you into the story so that you feel like you are a part of it."
- "A great write from a great author, this book will fill you with delighted surprise and leave you with a warm glow."
- "Ferreira is clearly a talented writer with an excellent handle on grammar, pacing and description."
- "The author takes you on a journey and as the reader you never want it to end!"
Some achievements worth mentioning:
- 2020 My Life Hereafter Litpick Five Star Review
- 2017 The Shape of My Soul Reader's Favourite Five Star Review
- 2017 My Life Hereafter Top10 Authorsdb book
- 2017 The Vampire Pirate's Daughter Top10 Authorsdb book
- 2016 The Girl in Room Thirteen - Quarter finalist in Authorsdb Cover Contest
- 2015 Soul Drifter- Quarter-Finalist in Authorsdb Cover Contest
- 2013 The Tokolosh chosen as Staff Pick at Readwave
- 2013 All Over Again chosen as Creative Writer's - Editor's Pick on Scribd
- 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel awards Quarter Finalist (The Great Divide)
- 2010 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards, Quarter Finalist (Recycled Souls)
- 2009 Recycled Souls reached #89 on the Amazon (Paid) Bestseller List