ABOUT LYNETTE FERREIRA
Lynette Ferreira is a young adult author who writes young adult novels. Her stories are epic adventures about first love, set mostly in supernatural worlds, and often dips its toes in a dark ocean of social issues.
SWEET ROMANCE, EPIC ADVENTURE & DARK FICTION
Lynette was born in Burgersdorp, South Africa, the eldest of three children. After a school career that involved a lot of moving around (she even lived in Namibia for two years during the Border war), she married young and settled in Durban, South Africa (predictably this did not last long).
However, she did (eventually) kiss the frog who turned into a prince, and she now lives her happily ever after .
For a really long time, she worked as a Personal Assistant at an international financial institution. Then lived in Ireland for eight years. After the family moved back to South Africa, she thought she would write her daughter a short story in which things always worked out in the end. Her daughter was distraught at leaving her friends behind and moving to the other side of the world. Lynette says, "I have always been better at writing how I feel than saying it out loud." The short story grew and grew until she had written more than 80,000 words, and so Lynette discovered the one thing that made her happy and that she would do all day long even if she had to do it for free.
Born into a family of readers, Lynette had never known a time she was not reading. As the eldest of three children (and the only girl), there was never a time when she was not making up stories to keep herself entertained. Lynette loves reading stories where she has to read between the lines, and her absolute favourites are books and movies with gasp! endings.
Her debut indie book, 'Recycled Souls' was chosen as a Quarter Finalist (top 250 from 5000 entries) in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards (Young Adults) 2010. In 2011, her story, 'The Great Divide' (L.O.V.E. / When we Love) was also chosen as a Quarter Finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards (Young Adults). Since then Lynette has written a lot of stories.
She now calls the beautiful walled city of Derry/Londonderry (almost at the top of the world) home where she lives with her family, and one (annoyingly) chatty cat, named Alvin.
Some achievements worth mentioning:
- 2017 My Life Hereafter Top10 Authorsdb book
- 2017 The Vampire Pirate's Daughter Top10 Authorsdb book
- 2016 The Girl in Room Thirteen - Quarter finalist in Authorsdb Cover Contest
- 2015 Soul Drifter- Quarter-Finalist in Authorsdb Cover Contest
- 2013 The Tokolosh chosen as Staff Pick at Readwave
- 2013 All Over Again chosen as Creative Writer's - Editor's Pick on Scribd
- 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel awards Quarter Finalist (The Great Divide)
- 2010 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards, Quarter Finalist (Recycled Souls)
- 2009 Recycled Souls reached #89 on the Amazon (Paid) Bestseller List